Monday, 9 December 2013

DIY Advent Calendars

Let's get creative! 

It might not be beauty related but I wanted to show you guys some of my creative handy work.  Some of you may know, if you follow me on Instagram you'll probably definitely know, that I love being creative. I often bake cakes and things of family and friend's birthday and love to give handmade and homemade gifts. 

This year I decided to make Advent Calendars. They were quite time consuming but I love sewing so found it really relaxing to do. I made every little bit of them myself, including the numbers, even if it did take ages to cut them all out.

Buying the materials for homemade gifts and crafts can get expensive so here's a tip; always look for alternatives.

For my advent calendars I needed a lot of felt, the main calendar itself was about a metre long and to buy fabric on a roll can be pricey. So to cut down the costs I bought some giant felt Christmas sacks from my local shop. I had more than enough fabric and coming in at £2 each (I bought one red sack and one green) it was so much cheaper than buying felt off the roll, or the internet.
Here's some photos of what they looked like as I was making them.

Have you gotten crafty this Christmas? If so, comment and tag your posts below.







Merry Crafty Christmas


Bec xx

No comments:

Post a Comment