Tuesday, 13 August 2013

An Asos Autumn- eeek it's coming

I know it's still summer but with very little sunshine upon the horizon for the UK it seems only right to prepare for putting on jackets again, wearing those boots and getting kitted out for a fashion show of an autumn.

Okay, it may only be mid August, (is the 13th mid August? Well it's pretty close so I'll go with that haha), but here in the UK the lovely weather people have informed us not to hold out for any more glorious sunshine like the scorcher of a July we had. So without further a do here's one of my favourite looks (all from Asos) which I'm going to be rocking as summer fades into the crisp feel of autumn.


I love dresses and since the rise of the skater dress I've loved them even more. I have a slight hourglass figure, so for me, the cut of the skater dress is perfect. It draws the eye to the smallest point, my waist, and flows out over my hips and generally covers the majority of my thigh which I love as I'm not a big fan of mini dresses and like my bum to be very well covered (no knicker mishaps for me thank you!)

I found this dress on the Asos website and its a bright lipstick red colour by brand Lavish Alice. The cut is gorgeous, the colour is vibrant and will still turn heads as many people will revert back to dark blacks and greasy as the weather turns colder. It has a plunging v neckline which makes it really feminine and of course it adds that little bit of sexy.

Lavish Alice Dress
£42
And as the colder weather sets in so do all the gorgeous coats and jackets on the shop clothes rails. Every year I long after the perfect leather jacket and last year I went for it and bought a beauty of one from TopShop. I wore it all last winter and into the beginning of the spring summer and it'll definitely be making an appearance this autumn winter. 

I found this leather jacket on Asos, it's £58 and from Oasis and is a definite statement piece. I'm definitely a faux leather lover and like the leather effect and look of these jackets, especially in black.

Teamed with the Lavish Alice Red Skater Dress it turns the dress from a sultry girly number to a rock chic outfit in seconds. Mix the feminine look of the dress with the hard lines of the leather and you've the perfect balance of cute but stylish… and warm.

Now for the bottom half. If it's warm enough to bare the legs then I'm all for it, so why not team a pair of ankle socks with a pair of black biker boots to complete the look but still add the feminine edge. And if it's just that tad bit cooler, then a pair of black opaque tights with the black boots is the perfect combo.

There's loads of black biker boots on the market so shop around but here's a pair I found on Asos by New Look for £24.99. They're simple with only a small heel so perfect for day to day. 

New Look Biker Boots
£24.99
Now everyone needs a bag and for this outfit I went with a black tots bag by Mango and at only £22.99 from Asos I think it's a steal. I love the tan accents on it and the style and I know this will go with so many outfits and can definitely be dressed up or down. Weekend bag, laptop bag, work bag, day bag, evening bag… all those bags in one tote. I love it. 

Mango Tote
£22.99
Hope you enjoyed the sneak peak into some of the autumn trends I've been eyeing up this week. What've you been loving?
Becs x

2 comments:

  1. Ooo that red dress is gorgeous and you can beat a nice biker jacket!

    x

    ReplyDelete