Sunday, 17 July 2011

Top 5 Tans

Top 5


5- Sally Hansen air brush legs.
This product comes as a liquid mist and is applied by spraying it onto the skin. It's not a bad idea but I personally find the spray bottles hard to use. I can never quite manage to cover my whole leg evenly. I always end up with a few dark patches where the spray has fallen onto an area I've previously coloured. The colour is a deep brown with no orangey tinge which is great. They've recently changed the formula so that all the shades now have a slight shimmer, so there is a danger that if you do over apply it you may sparkle in the sun & do an Edward from twilight !
It stays on a while but it doesn't say anywhere on the packagingoboe long it should last so there's no fibbing. Impressive colour for the price (around £7). Gives an airbrushed finish and looks natural.
Why number 5? I find this product can streak a lot if not applied quick enough & with only a few fluid moments. You can't rub or blend it in either which I'm not a huge fan of. I think if you can get on with the spray bottle & stick with it enough it'll be fab.

4-St Moritz: Definitely the best cheap fake tan out there. The mouse formula goes on really well and doesn't streak. The mouse is tinted brow so the colour is instant & you can see where it's been applied, giving you flawless coverage. The colour is pretty deep so you don't have to keep reapplying it day after day. Shaving does take the colour off but if you apply it after each time you shave your colour will stay consistent and natural. The mouse formula can be quite drying so I often team this with my Garnier summer body ( apply St Moritz one day, Garnier the next) to keep me moisturiser and the colour consistent.
Why number 4? It's a great price (like £2.99) and last ages. It's my turn to official fake take ( not a gradual or wash off) if you're looking for a proper fake tan which is apparent after one use then this is fab. Cheap, amazing and a dupe for St Tropez. Bargain!

3- Rimmel wash off: This is great for a quick fix. Just rub it in and away you go. Last until you wash it off. I didn't experience any streaking when using this & the colour was a golden brown natural tanned colour. I used the medium matte one & that suited my colouring well. It's easy to apply & soaks into the skin quickly. 5 minutes & you're ready to get dressed. There isn't a strong smell either and it doesn't leave that lingering biscuity scent. There isn't any residue with this product & it doesn't transfer onto your clothes. As it's wash off, if you do go out in the rain it may run ( I didn't get caught in a shower whilst wearing it but I suppose it's something to be aware of). It takes some scrubbing in the shower though so it shouldn't make too much of an impact if you do get caught out by the rain. It applies like a creamy gel and is dark brown in colouring. When you first apply it's like wow that's so dark! But it does blend really well and leaves you with a natural streak free finish. Perfect for those nights out where you want bronzed gorgeous legs in a hurry!!
Why number 3? It's simple, it's fab! I prefer the gradual tanners which is why it's personally not my number 1 but the reason I love it is that the colour is intense and natural and the finish is matte and gorgeous. AND it's wash off which I think is great. Even if you applied it & messed up, you'd be able to jump in the shower and wash it off, and start again. Amazing product!!

2- Johnsons holiday skin:
As I love gradual fake tans this is another one of my faves. There is a very slight fake tan biscuity smell but its only very light. You can't smell it when applying or when it's absorbing into the skin. Usually, as I apply it at night, the smell starts when I'm asleep & by morning there is no smell. It applies as a moisturiser which I love but after you've applied it your legs feel really sticky. I use the darkest one as I find if you want to use this to moisturise on top of other tanners it gives the best all round coverage and colour. As with other gradual tanners there isn't much of a colour after first use so you do have to reapply. As with my Number 1 fav product, I'd start applying this up to a week in advance of when you want the colour to come out. It absorbs a lot slower than the Garnier one as it takes up to half hour to an our to completely soak in. It's a fairly running consistency and is more like the consistency of a thin suncream than a moisturiser. It's around £5 which is great and lasts ages as you dont need a lot for each application.
As with Garnier, if you are shaving everyday and not reapplying the colour will fade quicker but I find this with most tanning products anyway so it doesn't bother me.
Why number 2: It wouldn't have been my top product until I tried Garnier. The colour of this one is good but after a while starts to look yellowy.


1- Garnier Summer Body: I prefer to have a colour that builds up gradually than one that's instantly apparent. It take about 2/3 applications before you notice a difference so if you want to be bronzed for a special occasion I'd recommend starting to apply about 5/7 days in advance. The product is so easy to use as it acts as a moisturiser. I just use it for my legs, so after showering I rub it in and let it soak into the skin. It's very moisturising and takes about 5 minutes to fully absorb. The quality of the colour is good and suits my skin tone. I use the Deep shade as it gives a more noticeable colour on my light skin. I know some people think that gradual tans look more orange but I've never found that with this product. Perfect really. It doesn't just wash off either so shaving wont ruin the colour. Obviously if you shave everyday & aren't re applying the product you'd notice your colour fading but personally I don't find this a problem. There isn't a fake tan smell just a fruity fragrance. It smells of delicious apricots and is really fruity. It's kinda tropical and reminds me of hot beach holidays (which is always a good thing) The consistency is that of a nourishing moisturiser, it's not like milk but isn't a thick cream either. It's a light non sticky formula and feels a bit like a gel. I get no streaks with it and the colour is good.
Why number 1? It's my holy grail and I just love it.

4 comments:

  1. Hihi! I love this blog!

    I found you on beautylish btw, following too =))

    http://makeupinsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this was so informational. If only I wasn't already so dark =/

    http://melsu-melsu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given your blog some awards =) http://beauty.adorability.org/?p=492

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the sweet comments guys :) xx

    ReplyDelete